Recently browsing twitter through the twitter app, I discover a fantastic “GUI console” for use the Twitter API.
Steps to work:
- Go to apps.twitter.com
- Sign in with your twitter account
- Click on “Create New App” button
- Populate the inputs with random data with unique app name, accept developer agreement and create your twitter app.
- Open Twitter desktop App.
- Go to preferences > Developer tab
- Back to the webpage and click in “manage keys and access tokens” link.
- Copy and paste consumer key and secret in Developer tab on the application
- Back to the webpage again and click on “Create my access token” button
- Copy and paste access and secret token in developer tab on the application
- Press verify token and you receive an OK answer (If you not receive an OK answer please follow up the steps again)
And you’re ready, after right click a randow tweet and click in “View Tweet JSON” Now you obtain a fancy and “realtime” Twitter GUI client for use the API with your data feed.
You can also open the console by pressing Ctrl + Alt + CMD + C in OSX.